DTHX30 - USB Data Traveler DataTraveler HyperX 3.0
DTHX30/XX - Format Utility
Kingston USB drives are pre-formatted with a FAT32 file system for cross platform compatibility and for optimum performance. Formatting this drive with Windows, Mac or Linux may cause a performance decrease.
The solution to obtain the best possible performance is to format the drive with the Kingston utility located below.
Note: ALL DATA WILL BE ERASED. Please back up the data stored on the Hyper X drive before using the Kingston Format Utility.
Supported Operating Systems:
Windows 7 (SP1), Vista (SP1, SP2) and Windows XP (SP2, SP3)
Kingston Format Utility usage procedure
Installation Note: Please insert your Kingston USB drive before proceeding to step one.
- Click on the Kingston Format Utility link to initialize the utility download.
- Select "OPEN" and wait for the application to complete its download.
- From the WinZip self-extracting window, click the "BROWSE" button.
- Navigate to the Desktop (for easy access) and select it, then click "OK" to proceed.
- Select "Unzip" to continue to the final step.
- Double click on the Kingston Format Utility, then select the drive letter associated with your USB drive and click "Format" to begin the process.
Warning: Kingston Format Utility is only supported on the DTHX30/XX