Business Development Manager
||Business Development Manager
||Regional Director, UK and Ireland
||Sunbury on Thames
||40 hours per week (8.30am – 5.30pm)
To establish Kingston Technology as the preferred memory brand within a territory consisting of UK distributors and indirect resellers by working with their sales and management teams. To work with a selection of corporate and public sector accounts to become their preferred/sole memory supplier for all products including server, SSD and flash. To work with channel partners to target SME’s and consumers. This should be achieved by developing strong relationships at all levels with the primary aim of exceeding Kingston’s UK revenue, net sales gross profit margin and market share goals.
- To develop Kingston’s sales for the territory consisting of distributors, indirect resellers, e-tailers, corporate and public sector end-users, SME’s and consumers with overall responsibility for the achievement of revenue, net sales gross profit margin and market share goals in line with Kingston’s strategy. To visit these partners and customers on a regular basis as required.
- To implement account profiling and account plans for each of the designated accounts with revenue, relationship and investment goals.
- To work closely with the UK BDM team and the UK internal sales teams to ensure that the objectives for the UK & Ireland territory are met.
- To identify and develop new business opportunities with our distribution and reseller partners. This is the key focus for this role.
- To follow up on any sales opportunities identified by the internal sales team and the marketing team.
- To attend corporate and public sector end-user visits when required to meet and present the benefits of Kingston, and to work with the customer in order to become preferred supplier for memory products including server, SSD and flash products.
- To identify any special bid opportunities and liaise with internal sales on special bid pricing. Follow up and close the business.
- To conduct regular training sessions with all channel partners and to ensure all new channel sales people are trained on Kingston products and services.
- To work with the UK channel marketing representative to design and implement a marketing plan with Kingston’s channel partners.
- To follow through marketing plans with Kingston’s channel marketing manager and to measure return on investment.
- To understand Kingston’s competition and to identify and take advantage of any business opportunities.
- To feedback competitive pricing to Kingston’s internal sales director, the relevant Business Manager and the UK inside sales teams.
- To be the escalation route for any issues that cannot be resolved internally.
- To complete visit reports and call reports in KCRM.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
|Education / Qualifications:
Ideally A Level standard or equivalent
Degree level educated (or equivalent)
|Experience / Knowledge:
Minimum 2 years’ field sales experience working within the UK IT distribution and reseller channel or from an IT vendor background.
Experience of working within a dynamic fast moving company with aggressive growth targets.
Experience in terms of managing turnover and margin goals. Distribution, reseller and large end-user experience are all essential.
|Skills / Behaviours:
- Self-motivated, able to use own initiative, and be achievement orientated;
- Able to perform under pressure, and have strong time management skills
- Build effective working relationships both internally and externally, and be able to influence effectively at all levels within the organization and with channel partner and clients’ organizations.
- Have excellent communication skills - both verbal and written
- Strong presentation skills
- Able to work within a team
- Computer literate
- Good mathematical skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Clean UK driving licence essential
- Must be willing to work evenings/weekends on occasion to attend customer events
The job description may be varied in consultation with the post holder to reflect evolving needs of the company.
To apply for this vacancy, please send a copy of your CV (written in English), salary expectations and a covering letter to:
Nina Edwards / Sue Winnington
Technical Support Engineer – French/English
Kingston Technology Europe Ltd
MIDDX TW16 7EP
Tel: (+44) 1932 738888