Business Manager – Flash
||Business Manager – Flash
|Reporting to:||Director - Inside Sales, Product Marketing and PR EMEA
|Effective date:||August 2014
|Working hours:||40 hours per week, 08.00 – 17.00 (1 hour lunch)
To act as the central point of contact within and for EMEA for all Flash related business matters, including regular communication with head office ensuring adequate flow of information in both directions.
To help develop Flash business in EMEA with existing customers. Support BDM efforts, conduct customer business reviews, make recommendations to management for business, process and product development, and to ensure provision of both correct and competitive pricing for Flash products, while maintaining customer satisfaction at all times.
Support the Inside Sales and BDM representatives across all EMEA Flash Sales in their efforts to generate Flash revenue growth or achieve other business goals as defined at a particular time.
Act as a liaison between the EMEA BDM teams and FV Business Managers as well as both the FV and EMEA Product Marketing managers.
Work with EMEA marketing team (especially EMEA Flash PM) to:
- Understand existing and assist in the development of new Kingston sales and marketing strategies as well as value proposition and help to communicate them to Kingston’s EMEA sales representatives as well as customers
- Create and assist in the creation of training materials and tools (e.g. PowerPoint presentations, webinars, market analyses, etc.) related to the Flash product range. To work closely with FV Business Managers and feed EMEA customer, product and competitor information in both directions. Provide market information (e.g. competitor updates and anecdotal intelligence) to both FV and the EMEA Flash PMM.
Position to be based at Kingston Europe HQ in Sunbury, UK.
- To anticipate and develop plans together with local stakeholders as well as Kingston’s HQs to reflect future goals for the Flash product range and actively develop strategies & processes for Sales as well as Marketing.
- Act as a liaison between the EMEA sales team and the relevant Business Manager and other stakeholders in Kingston HQs on any projects that will benefit from the involvement of the Flash Business Manager, due to their complexity, strategic importance, or other factors, including those requiring unusually low pricing. Work closely with the Flash Sales Manager on any cases related to pricing and allocation management. Assist the sales representatives by coordinating any pre-sales technical issues with R&D and EMEA Flash PMM.
- To provide support on Flash product range related issues to the sales and marketing groups at all times, including dissemination of product and market information as well as development of promotional strategies relating to all aspects of the Flash product line.
- To work with sales & marketing and any/all other involved internal and external parties (Inside Sales, BDMs, Channel Marketing, CMG, R&D, PR, Planning, Finance and HQs as well as customers, journalists, “alliance” partners and the like) on issues related to the Flash product line. Proactively suggest suitable and relevant Sales and Marketing messages based on interaction with the Kingston sales force and channel customers.
- Carry out customer visits and attend Trade shows in conjunction with BDMs, CMMs and other colleagues according to requirements. To communicate with customers on a frequent and professional basis using a variety of communication channels.
- Bridge the gap between Kingston’s regional sales teams (within EMEA as well as between EMEA and other global regions) in an effort to service those Flash customers who are either active in multiple regions or have an organisation set up across Kingston’s defined regions.
- Work collaboratively with other Business Managers within Kingston Europe.
To perform other duties as assigned.
|Education / Qualifications:
Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent
|Experience / Knowledge:
- Fluent in English, written and spoken, to business level
- Knowledge of the Flash product portfolio or track record of ability to learn about new products in a short period of time
- Additional European languages highly desirable
- Track record of customer facing experience (office or field based) preferably in a commercial role, ideally in an IT product related area
|Skills / Behaviours:
- Customer focused
- Excellent communication and networking skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good time management skills
- Must be numerate, computer literate
- Ability to co-ordinate and resolve a variety of customer concerns/queries in a diplomatic manner
- Ability to prioritise their own workload,
- Ability to co-operate with others in a close team environment, good team player
- Ability to use independent judgment
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
Lives within commutable distance of Sunbury on Thames Ability for overnight travel within EMEA (approximately 3 times a quarter) and occasionally to the USA.
The job description may be varied in consultation with the post holder to reflect evolving needs of the company.
To apply for this vacancy, please send a copy of your CV (written in English), salary expectations and a covering letter to:
Nina Edwards / Sue Winnington
Business Manager – Flash
Kingston Technology Europe Ltd
MIDDX TW16 7EP
Tel: (+44) 1932 738888