Field Application Engineer
|Job Title:||Field Application Engineer
|Reporting to:||R&D/TRG Manager
|Effective date:||November 2013
||Research and Development/Technical Resources Group EMEA
||40 hours per week
||Responsible for researching, testing and demonstrating new products. Reporting on all technical developments concerning all Kingston products. Training customers. Strong customer focus.
- Support product managers on all technical matters and approval of products with partner Hardware/ Software companies where necessary.
- Drive forward important technical projects and offer product/technology training when necessary.
- Provide Marketing and Field sales with support for trade shows, testing rigs, demonstration systems and technical questions. This will require frequent travel.
- Perform quality testing for PR gold stock, journalist support and spokesperson.
- Research and innovate testing methods to highlight Kingston products favourably for customer demonstrations.
- Research the latest benchmarking and testing software. Manage the technical Lab and maintain all testing equipment (motherboard, processors, drives, etc) and software.
- Setup testing rigs, perform quality and compatibility testing for Kingston beta products (memory and flash). Provide full testing reports.
- Provide 3rd level Tech support, attend customer sites for problem troubleshooting and manage technical support escalations for both memory and flash.
- Perform testing verification for high volume customers or industry partners where necessary.
- Provide testing service for Systems/ phones, etc… for release in Databank.
- Back up R&D’s core responsibilities, systems releases in databank and processing technical queries from internal and external customers.
- Provide a repair service for flash products and customer damaged systems where appropriate.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Backup colleagues where necessary.
- Liaise closely with our US/Taiwan counterparts & industry partners.
|Education / Qualifications:||
Degree level educated (or equivalent) in a technical subject area
MCP, MCSE, Engineering qualification
|Experience / Knowledge:
An excellent working knowledge of PC, Notebook and especially Server architecture is essential. Good knowledge of Microsoft OS’s especially Server. A good knowledge of computer hardware/software and Networking is also necessary.
Knowledge of Linux and iOS
|Skills / Behaviours:||
- English and German language skills to full business fluency. Other European languages would also be an advantage.
- Exceptional analytical, concise report writing with a strong customer focus.
- Confident communicator with excellent presentation skills.
- A self starter, prioritising a busy workload.
- Proactive, flexible, with initiative and efficiency.
- Having the ability to cooperate with others in a team environment is also essential.
Lives within easy commutable distance of Sunbury-on-Thames
The job description may be varied in consultation with the post holder to reflect evolving needs of the company.
To apply for this vacancy, please send a copy of your CV (written in English), salary expectations and a covering letter to:
Nina Edwards / Natalie Crafts
Kingston Technology Europe Ltd
MIDDX TW16 7EP
Tel: (+44) 1932 738888