Flash Press Release 2014
Kingston Digital Releases USB 3.0 Flash Drive for Personal Security
- DataTraveler Locker+ G3 Safeguards Sensitive, Personal Information
- USB 3.0 Speeds to Secure Files Faster
- Versatile Data Protection Works on Both Mac and PC Systems
Sunbury-on-Thames, United Kingdom – January 7th, 2014 – Kingston Digital Europe Co LLP, an affiliate of Kingston Technology Company Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced the launch of the DataTraveler® Locker+ G3 (DTLPG3) USB 3.0 Flash drive for personal security. The new, next generation DataTraveler Locker+ G3 offers USB 3.0 speeds and a sleek durable metal casing with a built-in key loop leaving photos, personal documents and other files safe and easy to access.
Kingston’s DataTraveler Locker+ G3 password protects and hardware encrypts data giving consumers the best in personal security with USB 3.0 speed. The DTLPG3 boasts higher speeds than the previous generation DataTraveler Locker+ G2, with read speeds up to 135MB/s and write speeds up to 40MB/s. All the security is built in with no application installation required making this drive very secure and easy to use.
“We are excited to offer a USB 3.0 drive for personal security where consumers can keep their data safe.” said Nadine Frost, Business Manager Flash. “This is a great product for someone looking to store their sensitive personal documents on a safe, easy to use and nicely designed USB drive all at an affordable price.”
DataTraveler Locker+ G3 is available in 8GB, 16GB, 32GB and 64GB capacities and is backed by a five-year warranty, free live technical support and legendary Kingston reliability. For more information please visit www.kingston.com/en/
Kingston DataTraveler Locker+ G3 Features and Specifications:
- Hardware encryption: the best in personal security to keep your data safe
- Superior password protection: user sets a password to prevent unauthorized access
- Easy to use: no application installation required
- Versatile: works interchangeably between Mac OS X and Windows systems
- Secure: drive locks down and reformats after 10 invalid login attempts
- Stylish: durable metal casing with built-in key loop
- Co-Logo Program available*: customize DataTraveler Locker+ G3 by adding your logo and/or digital files and instantly increase your organization’s brand recognition. The Customization Program offers unique packaging, custom profiles, color adjustments, content loading and more, all with easy and convenient ordering.
- Supports: Windows® 8, Windows® 7, Vista®, XP & Mac OS X
- Guaranteed: five-year warranty with free technical support
- Capacities**: 8GB, 16GB, 32GB, 64GB
- Speed***: USB 3.0 speed: 8GB: 80MB/s read, 10MB/s write
16GB: 135MB/s read, 20MB/s write
32GB–64GB: 135MB/s read, 40MB/s write
USB 2.0 speed: 8GB: 30MB/s read, 10MB/s write
16GB–64GB: 30MB/s read, 20MB/s write
- Dimensions: 60.56mm x 18.6 mm x 9.75 mm
- Minimum System Requirements:
- USB 3.0 compliant and 2.0 compatible
- Two (2) free consecutive drive letters required for use****
- Operating Temperature: 32°F to 140°F (0°C to 60°C)
- Storage Temperature: -4°F to 185°F (-20°C to 85°C)
* Minimum quantity required. Performed at the factory.
** Some of the listed capacity on a Flash storage device is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. As such, the actual available capacity for data storage is less than what is listed on the products. For more information, go to Kingston's Flash Memory Guide.
*** Speed may vary due to host hardware, software and usage.
**** First free drive letters after physical devices such as system partition, optical drives, etc.
|Kingston DataTraveler Locker+ G3
||Capacity and Features
||8GB DataTraveler Locker+ G3 USB Flash Drive
||16GB DataTraveler Locker+ G3 USB Flash Drive
||32GB DataTraveler Locker+ G3 USB Flash Drive
||64GB DataTraveler Locker+ G3 USB Flash Drive
|Windows® 7 (SP1)
|Windows Vista® (SP2)
|Windows XP (SP3)
|Mac OS X v.10.6.x – 10.9.x
Kingston can be found on:
About Kingston Digital, Inc.
Kingston Digital, Inc. (“KDI”) is the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the world’s largest independent manufacturer of memory products. Established in 2008, KDI is headquartered in Fountain Valley, California, USA. For more information, please call +44 (0)1932 738888 or visit www.kingston.com
Kingston and the Kingston logo are registered trademarks of Kingston Technology Corporation. All rights reserved. All other marks may be the property of their respective titleholders.
Kingston Technology Europe Co LLP
+44 (0) 1932 738817
Zaboura Consultancy Ltd
+44 (0) 2072973371