Flash Press Release 2014
Kingston Digital Offers Two Fast Storage Solutions for Tablets and Android Smartphones
Sunbury-on-Thames, 08 July 2014 -- Kingston Digital Europe Co LLP, an affiliate of Kingston Technology Company Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced the release of the DataTraveler microDuo 3.0 as well as the new microSDHC/SDXC UHS-I 90R/45W, Class 10 card. DataTraveler microDuo 3.0 provides added storage space for OTG-enabled portable devices like smartphones and tablets. With both a standard USB 3.0 and a microUSB connector, the drive is able to conveniently connect directly to mobile devices and PCs alike.
DataTraveler microDuo 3.0 expands the storage of AndroidTM devices up to 64GB, easily moving large files, photos, videos and music from a phone or tablet to the USB drive and back. The USB 3.0 to microUSB dual interface drive can be used with any USB On-The-Go compatible device and allows users to transfer data without plugging into a computer1. The new drive joins the previously released DataTraveler microDuo 2.0. A list of USB On-The-Go compatible devices can be found here.
DataTraveler microDuo 3.0 is available in 16GB, 32GB and 64GB capacities and is backed by a five-year warranty.
The new microSDHC/SDXC UHS-I, Class 10 card offers 90R/45W performance to allow for continuous video and image capture. Kingston’s microSDHC/SDXC UHS-I, Class 10 card is available in 16GB, 32GB and 64GB capacities. The fast 90MB/s read and 45MB/s write speeds allow users to shoot full HD video, 3D video and real-time broadcasts without interruption and capture images continuously.
The Class 10 UHS-I 90R/45W microSDHC/SDXC card has a lifetime warranty. Both products have free technical support and legendary Kingston reliability. For more information visit www.kingston.com.
Features and Specifications:
Kingston DataTraveler microDuo 3.0 Features and Specifications:
- USB OTG (On-The-Go): a standard which enables host functionality in certain phones/tablets with microUSB ports, enabling connectivity to USB devices like Kingston’s DT microDuo
- 2-in-1: microUSB and USB connectors for easy transfer of files between smartphones, tablets, and computers
- Plug-and-Play: simply connect as you would a standard USB Flash drive
- Convenient: ultra-small, pocket-sized design for easy transportability
USB 3.0: 16GB, 32GB, 64GB
USB 3.04: 16GB — 70MB/s read, 10MB/s write
32GB - 64GB — 70MB/s read, 15MB/s write
- Dimensions: 27.63mm x 16.46mm x 8.56mm
- Operating Temperatures: 32°F to 140°F (0°C to 60°C)
- Storage Temperatures: -4°F to 185°F (-20°C to 85°C)
- Warranty/support: 5-year warranty with free technical support
|Kingston DataTraveler microDuo 3.0
||Capacity and Features
||16GB DataTraveler microDuo Flash Drive
||32GB DataTraveler microDuo Flash Drive
||64GB DataTraveler microDuo Flash Drive
|Windows® 8.1, 8, 8 RT, 7, Vista® (SP1, SP2)
|Mac OS X v.10.6.x +
|Linux v. 2.6 +
Kingston Class 90R/45W 10 UHS-I microSDHC/SDXC Features and Specifications:
- Performance: UHS-I speeds - up to 90MB/s read and 45MB/s write for faster files transfer, continuous shooting and video recording
- Versatile: Class 10 performance when used in a non-UHS-I capable device
- Flexible: when combined with the SD adapter, can be used as a full-size SDHC/SDXC card
- Compatible: with microSDHC & microSDXC host devices; not compatible with standard microSD-enabled devices/readers; microSDXC cards are not compatible with microSDHC-enabled devices/readers
- File format: FAT32 (microSDHC 16GB–32GB)
exFAT (microSDXC 64GB)
- Guaranteed: lifetime warranty, free technical support
- Capacities2: 16GB, 32GB, 64GB
- Performance3: up to 90MB/s read and 45MB/s write, UHS-I Speed Class 1 (U1)
- microSDHC/SDXC Card Dimensions: 11mm x 15mm x 1mm
- SD Adapter Dimensions: 24mm x 32mm x 2.1mm
- Operating Temperature: -25°C to 85°C
- Storage Temperature: -40°C to 85°C
- Voltage: 3.3V
|Class 10 UHS-I microSDHC/SDXC
||Capacity and Features
||16GB Class 10 UHS-I microSDHC/SDXC Flash Card
||32GB Class 10 UHS-I microSDHC/SDXC Flash Card
||64GB Class 10 UHS-I microSDHC/SDXC Flash Card
||16GB Class 10 UHS-I microSDHC/SDXC Flash Card Only (SD adaptor not included)
||32GB Class 10 UHS-I microSDHC/SDXC Flash Card Only (SD adaptor not included)
||64GB Class 10 UHS-I microSDHC/SDXC Flash Card Only (SD adaptor not included)
1 File manager app required for file transfer. Free ES File Explorer available for download on Google Play™.
2 Some of the listed capacity on a Flash storage device is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. As such, the actual available capacity for data storage is less than what is listed on the products. For more information, go to Kingston’s Flash Memory Guide at kingston.com/flashguide.
3 Speed may vary due to host hardware, software and usage.
4 Requires a host device with a USB 3.0 port.
Kingston can be found on:
About Kingston Digital, Inc.
Kingston Digital, Inc. (“KDI”) is the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the world’s largest independent manufacturer of memory products. Established in 2008, KDI is headquartered in Fountain Valley, California, USA. For more information, please call +44 (0)1932 738888 or visit www.kingston.com
Kingston and the Kingston logo are registered trademarks of Kingston Technology Corporation. All rights reserved. All other marks may be the property of their respective titleholders.
Kingston Technology Europe Co LLP
+44 (0) 1932 738817
Zaboura Consultancy Ltd
+44 (0) 2072973371