Flash Press Release 2014
Kingston Digital Ships Large Capacity Near 1TB SSD
- New V310 Solid-State Drive Joins SSDNow V Series Range
- Boosts System Responsiveness and Speed
- Large 960GB Capacity Allows To Migrate Entire Hard Drive
Kingston Digital Europe Co LLP, an affiliate of Kingston Technology Company Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced its latest addition to the SSDNow V300 series, the V310. The Kingston® SSDNow V310 solid-state drive dramatically boosts system responsiveness while also offering 960GB capacity to store all movies, music, games, files and applications.
The new SSDNow V310 is 10x faster than a 7200RPM hard-disk drive1 as a result of the Phison 3108 controller and 450MB/s read and write speeds2. With no moving mechanical parts, SSDNow V310 is shock-proof, uses less energy and stays cool making it more reliable and less likely to fail than standard hard-disk drives. The large capacity of the SSDNow V310 allows enough space for a true HDD replacement so users can migrate their entire hard drive over with storage to spare.
“Since 2009, our V ‘Value’ series solid-state drives have delivered the best price to performance ratio as possible to enable consumers on a budget or entry-level users to experience the benefits of SSD technology. Our new V310 continues that along with providing the biggest capacity ever in a Kingston SSD," said Ariel Perez, SSD business manager, Kingston." SSDNow V310 with its large 960GB capacity is the perfect upgrade to an existing system as it improves boot speeds and application load times helping maximize one’s computer investment.”
SSDNow V310 is available in 960GB as a stand-alone drive or as all-in-one kits that include all the accessories needed plus software to clone files and OS to make for an easy install. SSDNow V310 is backed by a three-year warranty, free technical support and legendary Kingston reliability.
Kingston SSDNow V310 Features and Specifications:
- Faster: improves speed of loading applications and system boot up
- Reliable: with no moving parts, solid-state drives are less likely to fail than standard hard drives
- Convenient: all-in-one kits with all the components for easy installation
- Large capacity: enough space to migrate your entire HDD over to a SSD
- Form factor: 2.5-inch drive available in 7.0mm with adapter to fit in 9.5mm systems
- Silent: runs silent and cool
- Interface: SATA Rev. 3.0 (6Gb/s) – with backwards compatibility to SATA Rev. 2.0
- Capacities3: 960GB
Compressible Data Transfer (ATTO)
450MB/s Read and 450MB/s Write
Incompressible Data Transfer (AS-SSD and CrystalDiskMark)
500MB/s Read and 440MB/s Write
IOMETER Maximum Random 4k Read/Write
40,000 IOPS and 20,000 IOPS
Random 4k Read/Write
27,000MB/s Read and 10,500MB/s Write
PCMARK® 8 Storage Bandwidth Score
- Power Consumption: 0.08 W Idle / 1.28 W Avg/ 1.16 W (MAX) Read / 5.39 W (MAX) Write
- Storage temperature: -40°F to 185°F (-40°C to 85°C)
- Operating temperature: 32°F to 158°F (0°C to 70°C)
- Dimensions : 69.8mm x 100.1mm x 7mm
- Weight: 92.5g
- Vibration operating: 2.17G Peak (7–800Hz)
- Vibration non-operating: 20G Peak (10–2000Hz)
- Life expectancy: 1 million hours MTBF
- Warranty/support: 3-year warranty with free technical support
- Total Bytes Written (TBW)6: 2,728TB 2.56DWPD8
Desktop Upgrade Kit
– 3.5" bracket & mounting screws
– SATA data & power cables
– Hard drive cloning software (CD)5
– Installation video (DVD)
|Kingston SSDNow V310
||Capacity and Features
||SSDNow V310 Stand-Alone Drive
1 Source: PCMark Vantage
2 Source: ATTO (Compressible Data Transfer)
3 Some of the listed capacity on a Flash storage device is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. As such, the actual available capacity for data storage is less than what is listed on the products. For more information, go to Kingston’s Flash memory Guide at kingston.com/flashguide.
4 Based on “out-of-box performance” using a SATA Rev. 3.0 motherboard. Speed may vary due to host hardware, software, and usage.
5 Operating system software support: Windows® 7 (SP1), Windows Vista® (SP2), Windows XP (SP3)
6 Total Bytes Written (TBW) refers to how much total data can be written to an SSD for a given workload before the drive reaches its endurance limits.
7 Not available in all countries.
Kingston can be found on:
About Kingston Digital, Inc.
Kingston Digital, Inc. (“KDI”) is the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the world’s largest independent manufacturer of memory products. Established in 2008, KDI is headquartered in Fountain Valley, California, USA. For more information, please call +44 (0)1932 738888 or visit www.kingston.com
Kingston and the Kingston logo are registered trademarks of Kingston Technology Corporation. All rights reserved. All other marks may be the property of their respective titleholders.
Kingston Technology Europe Co LLP
+44 (0) 1932 738817
Zaboura Consultancy Ltd
+44 (0) 2072973371