Kingston Toolbox 2.0 enables users to read drive information such as Serial Numbers, Firmware versions, and S.M.A.R.T. attributes. Kingston’s Toolbox v2.0 software, instructions and the S.M.A.R.T. Attribute decoder are included in this download.
Your SATA controller must be configured for AHCI mode within the BIOS and you must connect the drive to a native SATA port. Third-party SATA ports are not supported when updating your firmware. For Windows 8, 7 and Vista users, the utility must be run in the OS as "Administrator".
Supported Operating Systems:
Windows 8, 7 (SP1), Vista (SP2) and Windows XP (SP3) – Administrator rights required.
Requirements: Sandforce-based Kingston SSDs (PDF reader required for instructions and S.M.A.R.T Attribute decoder)
1. Click on the Kingston Toolbox 2.0.Download link to initialize the Toolbox software download.
2. Select "OPEN" or "SAVE" and wait for the application to complete its download.
3. Locate your file and double-click to begin the installation procedure.
4. From the WinRAR self-extracting window, click the "BROWSE" button.
5. Navigate to your preferred download location and then click "Extract" to proceed.
6. Finish by locating your download and launching the utility.