We are actively seeking a Sr. Product Engineer who will help lead product management in an emerging business area for the company. The ideal candidate will have hands-on product design experience in consumer electronic products in a high volume production environment; direct experience with audio products is highly preferred. Work with a small team to engineer complex mechanical designs in preparation for initial product readiness or proof of concept. The products involve a wide range of electro-mechanical technologies in the consumer audio and peripherals field.
- Responsible for identifying critical/key components, materials, and processes, capable to perform analysis and testing to advance the design maturity and help team create strategies for long term project goals.
- Conduct technical research studies and present conclusions to support design
- Work as a technical lead on multidisciplinary teams to develop proof-of-concept prototypes that demonstrate key performance attributes
- Investigate technologies, product concepts, and improvements for new and existing products both as an individual contributor and an engineering lead.
- Identify and solve challenging mechanical engineering problems by creating functional prototypes/proof of concepts and new technologies for audio/peripheral devices such as in-ear earbuds, headsets, and hearables/wearables.
- Work with multi-disciplinary team to assess product features/materials for manufacturability and recommend capable processes, equipment, etc.
- Will provide leadership and mentorship to staff members globally in group development.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline required; MS would be a plus.
- 7+ years of experience in product design and project coordination, preferably in consumer audio/electronics field.
- Technical depth in the areas of structural mechanics, dynamics and material science.
- Previous experience in design of electromechanical systems.
- 3D CAD experience using such tools as Solidworks and/or ProE.
- Broad range of experience working with various materials and processes: plastic injection/compression molding basics, metal machining/manufacturing basics, designing with metals/alloys, designing with polymers, fabrics, foam, sheet metal design, material finishing and cosmetic treatments
- Experience with audio products such as headsets, earbuds, or hearables/wearables desirable.
- Knowledge of acoustic transducers, including microphones, drivers/microspeakers, and loudspeakers
- Familiar with acoustic measurement methodologies, equipment & related concepts
- Must have strong analytical skills in general engineering assessment and problem solving.
- Must be comfortable with hands-on assembly, fabrication, prototype evaluation, manufacturing ramp-up and production release processes.
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary teams, preferably with some exposure to system controls, electrical/firmware and software engineers.
- Must be a collaborative team player with strong mentoring skills.
- Travel to Asia in support of engineering efforts or other department objectives as needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and people skills; ability to interact with management, team members and external vendors