FCR-HS3 USB 3.0 Media Reader — Firmware Upgrade
Firmware Upgrade: v0131
- Resolves Windows 8 compatibility
- Enhance performance under Apple OS
Supported Operating Systems:
Windows 8, Windows 7 (SP1), Vista (SP2) and Windows XP (SP3)
Installation Note: Please insert your Kingston Media reader before proceeding to step one.
- Click on either the FCR-HS3 Firmware v0131.exe or Download link to initialize the firmware upgrade download
- Select "Run" or "Save" and wait for the application to complete its download
- If you select "Run" continue to step 4. If you selected "Save" please locate your file and double-click on it to begin extraction process
- From the WinZip self-extracting window, click the "Browse" button
- Navigate to the desktop and select it, then click on "OK" to proceed
- Click on the "Unzip" button to extract the files to the desktop
- Locate the FCR-HS3 Firmware v0131.exe file and double-click on it to begin the installation
- 8. Click on "Update" to initiate the firmware update
Warning: Remove all cards from the media reader before upgrading the firmware. Kingston is not responsible for any data loss that may occur if a card is left in the reader during the process. It is advised that you do NOT disconnect the media reader until the process is complete.
Note: Please do not update your FCR-HS3 reader if it has revision number, 9931980-001.A00LFA. Your reader already has the latest firmware. Please check the bottom of the reader for the revision number.
Note for MAC Users
The firmware upgrade utility is not compatible with Mac OS