2013 Flash Press Release
Kingston Digital Ships Its Fastest, World’s Largest-Capacity USB 3.0 Flash Drive
- DataTraveler HyperX Predator 3.0 will be Available Up to 1TB
- Data Transfer Speeds up to 240MB/s Read, 160MB/s Write
- Certified SuperSpeed USB 3.0
2013 International CES Las Vegas, NV and Fountain Valley, CA -- January 7, 2013 -- Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced the DataTraveler® HyperX® Predator 3.0 USB Flash drive. DataTraveler HyperX Predator 3.0 is the world's largest-capacity USB 3.0 Flash drive as it will be available in a 1TB capacity later in Q1. It is shipping now in 512GB capacity. DT HyperX Predator 3.0 is the fastest USB 3.0 Flash drive in the Kingston® family, with speeds of up to 240MB/s read and 160MB/s write. It has also achieved SuperSpeed USB 3.0 certification.
"Our new DataTraveler HyperX Predator 3.0 allows users to store their entire digital world on a portable USB 3.0 Flash drive," said Andrew Ewing, Flash memory business manager, Kingston. "The large capacity and fast USB 3.0 transfer speeds allow users to save time as they can access, edit and transfer applications or files such as HD movies directly from the drive without any performance lag."
DataTraveler HyperX Predator 3.0 is compliant with next-generation USB 3.0 specifications and is optimized for newer PCs with USB 3.0 ports. Users who work with large video or graphics files, or gamers who like to travel with their entire library will appreciate the drive's speed and capacity. The casing is made of zinc alloy metal for superior quality, shock resistance and high-end design. DataTraveler HyperX Predator 3.0 ships with a custom Kingston key ring and a HyperX valet keychain. It is also backwards compatible with USB 2.0 for efficient data transfer rates.
DataTraveler HyperX Predator 3.0 USB Flash drive is part of the HyperX Predator family, which represents the highest-performance products offered from Kingston HyperX. The drive is backed by a five-year warranty, free technical support and legendary Kingston reliability.
For more information visit www.kingston.com.
Kingston is celebrating 25 years in the memory industry. The company was founded on October 17, 1987, and has grown to become the largest third-party memory manufacturer in the world. Watch the 25th anniversary video and see more information including a timeline of Kingston's history. In addition, HyperX memory is celebrating its 10th anniversary. The first HyperX high-performance memory module was released in November 2002.
|Windows® 7 (SP1)
|Windows Vista® (SP1, SP2)
|Windows XP (SP3)
|Mac OS X v.10.6.x +
|Linux v. 2.6.x+
|Kingston DataTraveler HyperX Predator 3.0
||Capacity and Features
||DataTraveler HyperX Predator USB 512GB
||DataTraveler HyperX Predator USB 1TB
Kingston HyperX Predator 3.0 Features and Specifications:
- Highest capacities: uncompromised data storage to carry your digital world on a portable USB drive
- Highest performance: unparalleled speeds to save time while transferring content rich data
- Zinc alloy metal casing: resilient protection for data in a cutting-edge design
- HyperX valet keychain: exclusive accessory for a stylish twist to portable storage
- Guaranteed: five-year warranty and free technical support for added peace of mind
- USB 3.0: 240MB/s read and 160MB/s write
- USB 2.0: 30MB/s read and 30MB/s write
- Backwards compatible with USB 2.0
- Capacities2: 512GB, 1TB (later Q1)
- without key ring: 2.8346" x 1.0606" x 0.8268" (72mm x 26.94mm x 21mm)
- with key ring: 3.4854" x 1.0606" x 0.8268" (88.53mm x 26.94mm x 21mm)
- Operating Temperature: 32°F to 140°F (0°C to 60°C)
- Storage Temperature: -4°F to 185°F (-20°C to 85°C)
- USB 3.03: latest USB standard guarantees backwards compatibility with USB 2.0
- Speed may vary due to host hardware, software and usage.
- Some of the listed capacity on a Flash storage device is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. As such, the actual available capacity for data storage is less than what is listed on the products. For more information, go to Kingston's Flash Guide at media.kingston.com/pdfs/FlashMemGuide.pdf.
- Requires a host device with a USB 3.0 port
Kingston can be found on:
About Kingston Technology Company, Inc.
Kingston Digital, Inc. (“KDI”) is the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the world’s largest independent manufacturer of memory products. Established in 2008, KDI is headquartered in Fountain Valley, California, USA. For more information, please visit kingston.com
For additional information, evaluation units or executive interviews, please contact David Leong, Kingston Technology Company, Inc., 17600 Newhope Street, Fountain Valley, CA USA 92708, 714-438-1817 (Voice). Press images can be found in Kingston’s press room at kingston.com/company/press/
Kingston and the Kingston logo are registered trademarks of Kingston Technology Corporation. All rights reserved. All other marks may be the property of their respective titleholders.