2012 Flash Press Release
Kingston Digital Ships New USB Drive Certified for Windows To Go
- DataTraveler Workspace Supports Mobile Workforce Initiatives
- Bootable USB 3.0 Drive For Enterprises Allows Windows 8 Use
Fountain Valley, CA -- October 23, 2012 -- Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced it is shipping the Kingston® DataTraveler® Workspace USB Flash drive. DataTraveler Workspace is certified for Windows To Go, a key feature of Windows® 81 Enterprise. DataTraveler Workspace enables enterprises to provision a corporate desktop on an external USB drive, thus allowing users to boot and operate Windows 8 from portable devices. This new drive is a unique external USB 3.0 device that is capable of SSD-like performance.
DataTraveler Workspace is made specifically for organizations that want to use the new Windows To Go feature found in Windows 8 Enterprise. The drive is designed to help IT administrators support their mobile user base — from remote employees to contractors and consultants. DataTraveler Workspace helps companies and organizations meet both bring your own device (BYOD) initiatives and disaster recovery requirements.
"There's been such a revolutionary shift in today's workforce and by pairing our innovations, we give customers an effective alternative to help them safely and efficiently access the corporate network regardless of where they are in the world," said Karri Alexion-Tiernan, Director of Product Marketing, Windows Enterprise, Microsoft. "With Kingston's DataTraveler Workspace, customers will be able to deliver a great experience when running Windows 8 from a USB drive."
"Over the past year, we've worked diligently with Microsoft to develop a USB Flash drive that met the requirements of Windows To Go, as well as provide the performance, flexibility and durability that our customers know us for," said Andrew Ewing, Flash memory business manager, Kingston. "We will continue to deliver innovations as the marketplace evolves and are delighted to be one of the select manufacturers to deliver a certified for Windows To Go USB Flash drive."
For pricing information, please contact your corporate reseller or distributor. For more product information visit . www.kingston.com/wtg
Kingston is celebrating 25 years in the memory industry. The company was founded on October 17, 1987, and has grown to become the largest third-party memory manufacturer in the world. The 25th anniversary video can be found here as well as more information including a timeline of Kingston's history.
DataTraveler Workspace USB Flash Drive Features and Specifications:
- Certified for Windows To Go: administrators can easily deploy a bootable corporate workspace on a specially configured portable USB drive
- USB 3.0 SSD: capitalizes on USB 3.0 specifications by incorporating SSD controller technology in order to achieve high random read/write performance and low latencies
- Fixed drive: not designed for data storage
- Easy to use: enables users to boot and operate from multiple PCs
- Security-enhanced: supports BitLocker for data encryption and Trusted Boot for protecting boot process and anti-malware software
- Resilient: to accidental removal so the workspace can resume if the drive is plugged back in within 60 seconds
- Compatible: with PCs certified for use with Windows 7 or Windows 8 operating systems
- Backwards compatible: with USB 2.0 to fit more systems while optimizing performance
- Guaranteed: two-year warranty meets lifetime expectations in typical workloads; free technical support
- Reliable: 25 years of experience makes Kingston the most trusted name in memory with high-quality components and rigorous testing procedures
- Capacities2: 32GB, 64GB, 128GB* (*build to order)
- Max Sequential Read/Write speeds: 250/250 MB/s
- Sustained Random 4k Read/Write: 3,750/9,800 IOPS
- PCMARK® Vantage HDD Suite Score: 22,250
- Supports TRIM and S.M.A.R.T commands
- Dimensions: 75.29mm x 22.98mm x 16.44mm
- Operating Temperature: 32°F to 140°F (0°C to 60°C)
- Storage Temperature: -4°F to 185°F (-20°C to 85°C)
- Windows 8 Enterprise is required but not pre-loaded on these drives.
- Some of the listed capacity on a Flash storage device is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. As such, the actual available capacity for data storage is less than what is listed on the products. For more information, go to Kingston's Flash Memory Guide.
- Based on "out-of-box performance." Speed may vary due to host hardware, software and usage.
Kingston can be found on:
About Kingston Technology Company, Inc.
Kingston Digital, Inc. (“KDI”) is the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the world’s largest independent manufacturer of memory products. Established in 2008, KDI is headquartered in Fountain Valley, California, USA. For more information, please visit kingston.com
For additional information, evaluation units or executive interviews, please contact David Leong, Kingston Technology Company, Inc., 17600 Newhope Street, Fountain Valley, CA USA 92708, 714-438-1817 (Voice). Press images can be found in Kingston’s press room at kingston.com/company/press/
Kingston and the Kingston logo are registered trademarks of Kingston Technology Corporation. All rights reserved. All other marks may be the property of their respective titleholders.