2012 Flash Press Release
Kingston Digital Ships Next-Gen SSDNow V Series
- New SSDNow V300 Solid-state Drive Provides Consumers with
High-performance, Cost-efficient Upgrade Solution
- Customized LSI SandForce Flash Storage Processor Solution
Accelerating Innovation Summit, San Jose, CA and Fountain Valley, CA -- November 14, 2012 -- Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced it is shipping the next generation of its most cost-effective SSDNow V Series solid-state drive. The Kingston® SSDNow V300 is a powerful upgrade solution for cost-conscious consumers looking to upgrade their existing desktop or notebook PC.
The new SSDNow V300 is 10x faster than a 7200RPM hard-disk drive†. It is powered by an LSI® SandForce® Flash Storage Processor (FSP) solution customized for Kingston, and optimized for industry-leading 19nm NAND Flash memory to deliver sequential read and write speeds of up to 450MB/s. Using best-in-class components, SSDNow V300 combines quality, performance and affordability first-time SSD users or anyone looking to upgrade an existing system.
"LSI worked together with Kingston to deliver a customized high-performing solid-state drive solution for their cost-effective SSDNow V Series," said Kent Smith, senior director of product marketing, Flash Components Division, LSI. "Our award-winning SF-2281 Client FSPs provide Kingston's customers with enterprise-class features and an enhanced everyday computing user experience, especially for first time SSD users."
"Kingston is committed to delivering SSDs at the best price to performance ratio as possible. We achieve this again with our next-generation SSDNow V300," said Ariel Perez, SSD business manager, Kingston. "The SSDNow V300 is the best cost-efficient upgrade for users who want their existing systems to perform faster. They will experience faster boot up and shutdown times, and will also see much better system performance when multiple applications are open."
The SSDNow V300 is available as a stand-alone drive or as an upgrade kit containing cloning software and other accessories for a desktop and/or notebook system. SSDNow V300 is backed by a three-year warranty, free technical support and legendary Kingston reliability.
Kingston is celebrating 25 years in the memory industry. The company was founded on October 17, 1987, and has grown to become the largest third-party memory manufacturer in the world. The 25th anniversary video can be found here as well as more information including a timeline of Kingston's history.
- † Based on PCMark Vantage, Advanced Edition HDD Test Suite. Test system: Dell XPS 8500, Intel H77 Chipset, Intel® Core™ i7-3770 CPU, 8GB System Memory. SSD tested as primary drive with results based on "out-of-box" performance. This SSD is designed for use in desktop and notebook computer workloads, and is not intended for Server environments.
Kingston SSDNow V300 Features and Specifications:
- Form factor: 2.5"
- Interface: SATA Rev. 3.0 (6Gb/s) – with backwards compatibility to SATA Rev. 2.0
- Capacities1: 60GB, 120GB, 240GB
- Sequential Reads2:
SATA Rev. 3.0 — up to 450MB/s
- Sequential Writes2:
SATA Rev. 3.0 — up to 450MB/s
- Maximum Random 4k Read/Write3
60GB — up to 85,000/up to 60,000 IOPS
120GB — up to 85,000/up to 55,000 IOPS
240GB — up to 85,000/up to 43,000 IOPS
- PCMark® Vantage HDD Suite Score:
60GB — 39,000
120GB — 49,000
240GB — 57,000
- Power Consumption:
0.640W (MAX) Idle / 1.423W (MAX) Read / 2.052W (MAX) Write
- Storage temperatures: -40°C ~ 85°C
- Operating temperatures: 0°C ~ 70°C
- Dimensions: 69.8mm x 100.1mm x 7mm
- Weight: 86g
- Vibration operating: 2.17G Peak (7–800Hz)
- Vibration non-operating: 20G Peak (10–2000Hz)
- Life expectancy: 1 million hours MTBF
- Warranty/support: three-year warranty with free technical support
- Total Bytes Written (TBW)4
60GB — 32TB
120GB — 64TB
240GB — 128TB
- Please note: Some of the listed capacity on a Flash storage device is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. As such, the actual available capacity for data storage is less than what is listed on the products. For more information, go to Kingston's Flash memory Guide.
- Based on "out-of-box performance" with ATTO Disk Benchmark 2.41. Speed may vary due to host hardware, software, and usage.
- Based on "out-of-box performance" with IOMeter.
- Total Bytes Written (TBW) refers to how much total data can be written to an SSD for a given workload before the drive reaches its endurance limits.
|Kingston SSDNow V300 Solid-State Drives††
||Capacity and Features
||60GB Stand-alone V300 SSD
||120GB Stand-alone V300 SSD
||240GB Stand-alone V300 SSD
||60GB Desktop Upgrade Kit
||120GB Desktop Upgrade Kit
||240GB Desktop Upgrade Kit
||60GB Notebook Upgrade Kit
||120GB Notebook Upgrade Kit
||240GB Notebook Upgrade Kit
- ††Please check your favorite Kingston e-tailer or reseller for pricing.
Kingston can be found on:
About Kingston Technology Company, Inc.
Kingston Digital, Inc. (“KDI”) is the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the world’s largest independent manufacturer of memory products. Established in 2008, KDI is headquartered in Fountain Valley, California, USA. For more information, please visit kingston.com
For additional information, evaluation units or executive interviews, please contact David Leong, Kingston Technology Company, Inc., 17600 Newhope Street, Fountain Valley, CA USA 92708, 714-438-1817 (Voice). Press images can be found in Kingston’s press room at kingston.com/company/press/
Kingston and the Kingston logo are registered trademarks of Kingston Technology Corporation. All rights reserved. All other marks may be the property of their respective titleholders.