2014 Flash Press Release
Kingston Digital Ships M.2 SATA SSDs
- M.2 2280 SATA SSD for New Notebook Platforms, Small-Form Factor Devices and Z97 Motherboards
- Advanced Garbage Collection, Power Management for Optimal Performance
COMPUTEX TAIWAN and Fountain Valley, CA − June 4, 2014 – Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced a new M.2 2280 SATA SSD. Shipping next week, the new 22mm x 80mm dimension provides a thin, caseless and compact form factor ideal for new notebook platforms such as Ultrabooks™, smaller design embedded systems, ultra-thin computing devices and motherboards that support the recently released Intel® Z97 chipset.
M.2 2280 SATA SSD features advanced garbage collection, wear leveling and TRIM support to keep drive performance consistent over the life of the drive. SATA DevSleep™ allows efficient power management and minimal power consumption while also allowing devices to stay on and connected without necessarily reducing battery life. M.2 2280 SSD also features firmware-based power-loss protection to maintain data integrity in case of unexpected power loss or unsafe shutdown.
“We are proud to release the new M.2 form factor to the channel for both consumer and corporate customers upgrading their systems, as well as the system builder community when designing new embedded applications,” said Ariel Perez, SSD business manager, Kingston®. “This is an exciting follow-up to our previously released OEM-only M.2 2260 SATA SSD used in certain models of the ASUS Zenbook™.”
M.2 2280 SATA SSD ships initially in the 120GB capacity with 240GB and 480GB to follow in Q3. It is backed by a three-year warranty, free technical support and legendary Kingston reliability.
For more information visit www.kingston.com.
M.2 2280 SATA SSD Features & Specifications:
- Popular M.2 Size: 22mm width, 80mm length
- NAND Flash memory-based: shock-resistant with lower power consumption
- Supports Intel's SRT: combines capacity advantage of HDD with performance improvements of SSD in dual-storage configuration
- Supports S.M.A.R.T.: monitors the status of your drive
- Supports TRIM: maintains maximum performance of compatible operating systems
- Guaranteed: 3-year warranty and free technical support
- Form factor: M.2 2280
- Interface: SATA Rev. 3.0 (6Gb/s) – with backwards compatibility to SATA Rev. 2.0
- Capacities1: 120GB
- Baseline Performance2:
- Compressible Data Transfer (ATTO): 550MB/s Read and 520MB/s Write
- Incompressible Data Transfer (AS-SSD and CrystalDiskMark): 500MB/s Read and 330MB/s Write
- IOMETER: Maximum Random 4k Read/Write up to 66,000/ up to 65,000 IOPS
Random 4k Read/Write up to 46,000/ up to 4,500 IOPS
- PCMARK® Vantage HDD Suite Score: 56,000
- PCMARK® 8 Storage Bandwidth: 215 MB/s
- Power consumption: 0.09 W Idle / 1.11 W Avg / 1.02W (MAX) Read / 2.86 W (MAX) Write
- Storage temperature: -40°C ~ 85°C
- Operating temperature: 0°C ~ 70°C
- Dimensions: 80mm x 22mm x 3.5mm
- Weight: 7.36g
- Vibration operating: 2.17G Peak (7–800Hz)
- Vibration non-operating: 20G Peak (10–2000Hz)
- Life expectancy: 1 million hours MTBF
- Warranty/support: 3-year warranty with free technical support
- Total Bytes Written (TBW)3: 230TB x 1.8 DWPD4
This SSD is designed for use in desktop and notebook computer workloads, and is not intended for Server environments.
- Some of the listed capacity on a Flash storage device is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. As such, the actual available capacity for data storage is less than what is listed on the products. For more information, go to Kingston’s Flash memory Guide at kingston.com/flashguide.
- Based on “out-of-box performance” using a SATA Rev. 3.0 motherboard. Speed may vary due to host hardware,
software and usage. IOMETER Random 4k Random Read/Write is based on 8GB partition.
- Total Bytes Written (TBW) is derived from the JEDEC Workload (JESD219A)
- Drives Writes Per Day (DWPD).
|Kingston SSDNow M.2 2280 SATA Solid-State Drive
||Capacity and Features
||120GB Stand-alone M.2 SSD
||240GB Stand-alone M.2 SSD (coming soon)
||480GB Stand-alone M.2 SSD (coming soon)
Kingston can be found on:
About Kingston Technology Company, Inc.
Kingston Digital, Inc. (“KDI”) is the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the world’s largest independent manufacturer of memory products. Established in 2008, KDI is headquartered in Fountain Valley, California, USA. For more information, please visit kingston.com
For additional information, evaluation units or executive interviews, please contact David Leong, Kingston Technology Company, Inc., 17600 Newhope Street, Fountain Valley, CA USA 92708, 714-438-1817 (Voice). Press images can be found in Kingston’s press room at kingston.com/company/press/
Kingston and the Kingston logo are registered trademarks of Kingston Technology Corporation. All rights reserved. All other marks may be the property of their respective titleholders.