Extend Award – winning Virus Protection Beyond the Firewall
USB Flash drives are a critical part of mobile business infrastructure. Employees often transport large amounts of critical data on flash drives and take them wherever they go. Corporate employees can access the flash drive data on any computer they are using, and load new files from those same computers. But as easy as flash drives make it to carry data, they make it just as easy to pick up and spread viruses from one machine to another while introducing malicious code onto corporate networks.
You can ensure your flash drives are secure and virus free with ClevX DriveSecurity™ powered by ESET’s proactive portable anti-malware technology that prevents malware
from spreading via removable media. A simple, bulletproof way to keep flash drives clean. Just as antivirus programs monitor your hard drives and servers, ClevX DriveSecurity maintains a constant watch over the contents of your flash drive. Designed to run without installation, its compact and powerful antivirus engine—which resides on and runs from the drive itself—ensures your flash drives are free of all malware.
DriveSecurity™ powered by ESET is available as an option on any unmanaged edition of Kingston’s DataTraveler® 4000 (DT4000) or DataTraveler Vault − Privacy (DTVP) secure USB Flash drives.
Award Winning Protection
DriveSecurity is powered by the award-winning ESET NOD32® antivirus engine. The engine scans any changes to the drive's content for viruses, spyware, trojans, worms, rootkits, adware and other Internet-borne threats.
Easy to Deploy
- DriveSecurity automatically activates its license on the flash drive when the drive is first initialized by the end user.
No Installation Required
- Everything is ready to launch when you first plug in the Kingston drive. You install nothing on either the flash drive nor on any computer. No administrator privilege is necessary. Will not interfere with the host computer’s own on-board AV (if installed).
Fast, Lean, and Smart
- DriveSecurity is fast, accurate, with strong heuristic malware detection, packaged in a portable application with a very small storage footprint. The heuristic antivirus capabilities enable DriveSecurity to provide effective virus protection even against unknown threats and without up-to-date signatures.
- Virus signature definition data is updated automatically on the drive every hour when an Internet connection is available.
- If a virus is detected, you will see an alert in the System Tray icon. Click on it to view the infected files and take remedial action.
How DriveSecurity™ Works
DriveSecurity™ is licensed by the Unique Device Identifier (UDI) of your flash drive; no admin privileges are needed. When the drive owner authenticates to the flash drive, DriveSecurity launches immediately. It updates its virus signature and scans any changes (all new files, applications, etc.) to the flash drive. Upon user request, it checks the entire flash drive to ensure that it is free of malicious code. It stands as a barrier to protect the drive from being compromised by viruses resident on the host PC.
If DriveSecurity detects one or more infected files, the user will be presented with a screen similar to the one shown below.
Actions You Can Take
For each infected file, you can take one of two actions:
- Click on the icon with a blue-green check mark to keep the file.
- Click on the icon with a red X to delete the file.
DriveSecurity Virus Detection: Here you
can see some of the types of infected files
ClevX DriveSecurity detects.
DriveSecurity runs on any Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista®, Windows XP computer.
DriveSecurity needs approximately 300 MB of space on the flash drive.
DriveSecurity is available as a customization option for DTVP and DT4000 drives.
The standard three-year license for the ESET Antivirus engine includes software and virus definition updates.
One- and five-year licensing options are also available.
Start Protection Today
Keep your flash drives free of viruses by extending your antivirus protection beyond the firewall. Contact your Kingston reseller today to add DriveSecurity antivirus protection to your Kingston secure USB drives.